Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trip to DC?

Apparently this thing is now on display in the National Gallery of Art in DC.  I want to go and watch it for hours.  Anyone want to go with me?

It's a forty thousand LED tunnel, hooked up to some computer-based randomness, that just flashes the lights in different random configurations.  The artist claims that no pattern will be visible twice.

Here's a video, just to further hook you:




Villareal "Multiverse" National Gallery of Art, Washington DC from Walter Patrick Smith on Vimeo.

It's only like an hour long drive, minus the whole parking issue.  So who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. I'm always down for any attraction that mimics the effect of a good hallucinogen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on Engadget. I'm all about it. Also, park at a metro station (for free on the weekends) and metro in. Way cheaper than selling a kidney or having to feed a meter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Dan. Come park in College Park and we'll metro in with you!

    ReplyDelete