Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Side Post: Eating Crow

As I've stated before that there is one man I trust above all others about all things movie, TV or literature. And he has spoken.

Apparently, Watchmen was awesome. So awesome, in fact, that he has seen it twice. The guy is a poor college student... and he's seen it twice. You know that I movie has to be worth a damn to take the movie over what could potentially snowball into his inability to buy a textbook or lunch or gas or another movie ticket... Like to see Wolverine or Star Trek.

He did acknowledge that the film had some minor changes and more punch-you-in-the-face violence, and for him to allow such a thing is HUGE. So now I need to see it. Soon. Like, now.

EDIT: He also commented on that the soundtrack wasn't that bad, except for the version of Hallelujah they have. If you've seen Shrek, then you know the song. Yeah, that one... One of the most beautiful songs in the world, and the version they chose for this film is the biggest piece of shit I've ever had to listen to 30 seconds of as an iTunes preview. Go ahead and check it out. Then go find the a cappella version on BOCA 2006. If you don't find that version absolutely incredible, you don't have a soul. If you like the version from the movie, stop reading my blogs because you ruin life with your shitty taste in music.

Anyways, I am a big man, and I know defeat when I see it. So, to Zack Snyder, I apologize. I should have kept the faith after 300...

1 comment:

  1. Well, to call out your friend a little, the soundtrack was done entirely as a period thing -- no remakes, no fake versions, all original and timely. The licensing fees were probably fucking ENORMOUS. Scenes like the one set to "The Times They Are a' Changing," however, make it all worth it -- and the original version of Halleluiah by Leonard Cohen was probably one of the cheaper ones anyway. I'm willing to give the original, whiny version its props for eventually becoming a much better song.

    Yeah -- go see it. It was actually pretty good.

    ReplyDelete