Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Bryan Brinkman Experiment: Fine, Fallon, I'll bite

Jimmy Fallon has started something called "The Bryan Brinkman Experiment," attempting to get an audience member (named -- wait for it -- Bryan Brinkman) more Twitter followers than Obama.  It's about to air on Late Night, but I found it on the blog early, and I'm throwing my support in.

Jimmy is getting another chance tonight because Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht of Digg.com are doing an interview (possibly connected with the Brinkman thing).  They've been on web talk shows for years now, and their crossover into regular TV means we might get some quality Rose and Albrecht on network broadcasts.  Not only that, but Fallon seems to be drifting away from the staples of late night and into his own, slightly better version.  Being a child of the internet (so to speak), he might know how to do it in 4 weeks instead of the three to six months of the typical late night host.  Tonight I give him a second opportunity to give me hope.

Or palm my face.  Hard.

EDIT:  Well, the audience didn't seem to enjoy Alex and Kevin, even though they were awesome.  Jimmy's improving, but still has a long way to go with celebs.  Except Russell Brand.  Whatever he was on made interviewing him comedy gold.

Brinkman, By the way, is gaining Twitter followers by the second.  This experiment... intrigues me.  Like a Colbert ultra-stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment