Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Post-Fallon: Sleepin' on it

Okay. Fallon was Okay. That's how I'd describe the premiere, but I'm taking the next few hours to sleep off this giganzor headache and think about just exactly what Jimmy Fallon could do to make his show great.

Another post that gets saved for tomorrow is on Carson Daly. I took three seconds after Fallon to watch the intro to his show -- mostly to wash the taste of mediocre Monologue out of my mouth with horrific monologue. But to my unexpected pleasure, Daly didn't do one. In fact, he didn't do a late-night-talk-show format at all. Instead he returned to his roots: Music promoter extraordinaire. I may have never said this before, and I'm not entirely sure I'll say it again, but this new Last Call On Location version of Carson's show might actually be worth watching. I guess that's what you get when they don't give you the real timeslot: Carte Blanche to go nuts in the wee hours of the morning.

Now for sleep and brain-decompression.

No comments:

Post a Comment