Friday, March 20, 2009

Well Played GameStop

It has come to my attention that GameStop is pre-selling the new Guitar Hero: Metallica game and they are offering an interesting incentive... A free bass drum pedal for the double-kick action.

Holy dog shit!



I was kinda interested in the game before... I mean, I didn't get the Aerosmith version and didn't feel like I was totally missing out on the Guitar Hero experience, and I'm not a huge Metallica fan. I have the essential Metallica songs and the S&M album, but aside from that, why should I care about this game? To be honest, before I found out about this presale item, I was only gonna get the game for Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Tuesday's Gone." But now, I want it for a completely useless peripheral that will make drumming even harder!!

So, I say "well played GameStop!" You've made me want a game that I don't need/ have the money for/ or the time for for no good reason, and had misspelled Lynyrd Skynyrd on your packaging. Well done.

1 comment:

  1. The game is amazing. The pedal is awesome looking. It does great justice to the Death Magnetic album. The intro ties everything together extremely well. The game is visually and graphically fantastic. See screenshots at this link:

    http://www.metallica.com/page.asp?id=600029


    Also, it is extremely hard. I have logged maybe 5 hours on it (because I have been very busy-got it on the day it came out as I had it reserved @ GameStop) mostly vocally. I can sing everything on RockBand on Expert except for Run To The Hills (Hard), and I had some trouble starting out on Medium. I have since gotten up to expert over 75% only on "Fuel" and "The Thing That Should Not Be"

    ReplyDelete